Lithuanian Women‘s Lobby Organisation (LWLO) started its non-formal activities in 2004 after the agreement of its establishment has been signed between eleven Lithuanian Women organizations. October the same year LWLO joined the European Women’s Lobby Organisation (EWLO) which is the largest umbrella organisation of women’s associations in the European Union, gathering over 2000 women’s associations in 31 country. Lithuanian Women’s Lobby Organisation became an official member of EWLO in 2014 after being joined by six new women’s organizations. Currently LWLO seeks to expand its activities and enrol even more new members.
Promote active involvement of women’s NGOs into the preparation processes of policies and legislation with regard to gender equality and decision-making in Lithuania and Europe.
Goals of LWLO
- Promote active women participation in all spheres of life by carrying on its work in a democratic and transparent way.
- Monitor the overall observance of equal opportunities ensuring the women’s human rights and respect to women’s needs and aspirations.
- Ensure that the needs of different women’s groups will be considered at any stage of their lives.
- Submit suggestions to EWLO on regular basis to improve all areas of European Union action affecting women lives’ quality and promote equality between men and women.
Objectives of LWLO
- Strengthen involvement of NGOs in national and Union policy development in the fields of particular importance to the society;
- Influence the EU policy and treaties by reinforcing existing gender equality legislation;
- Contribute to increase of women participation in decision-making;
- Tackle the issues of violence against women and trafficking;
- Strengthen women’s economic and social rights.